The Oak Road Patient Treatment Centre
Client: Christie Hospital
The Oak Road Patient Treatment Centre (ORPTC) formed an integral part of the Trust’s ambitious capital plan; in particular, the new development would significantly increase capacity to provide chemotherapy treatment, also creating the largest Phase 1 clinical trials unit in the world.
The development will provide new private patient facilities to act as catalyst for future investment at the Trust and also accommodate state-of-the-art aseptic and pharmacy facilities to complement the treatment services. The project involved the relocation of five distinct service areas into one new build, which included improved processes to ensure potential efficiencies could be realised.
Following the Trust Board approval of CPC's Detailed Review, we were commissioned to provide the Project Management services for this flagship project:
- Prepare a Full Business Case for submission for the capital scheme
- Develop project structure and project governance arrangements for the strategic capital development
- Manage all of the stakeholders and project communication
- Manage the design team members to assist in the development of plans and designs
- Work closely with internal Trust teams to guide them through the process with challenging timescales.
Our work deliverd the following benefits to The Christie:
- High quality business case delivered within challenging timescales and receiving senior management approval
- Project structure and reporting arrangements that have been adopted as best practice for subsequent projects
- Raised awareness of procurement routes available to the Trust leading to a shorter procurement exercise
- Fully engaged staff in the development of the business case to ensure the preferred option was considered in sufficient detail
- A fully informed Board of Directors, including non-executive members, ensuring all implications of the investment were understood
- Financial modelling to provide comfort that the assumptions were robust
- External assurance of the financial model
- A compliant Business Case submitted to Monitor and approved by the Trust internal Management and Executive Boards.